Friday, February 10, 2012

Life Lately

Let's not even discuss how long it has been since I last blogged...


Since we arrived back from our short trip back to the states (2 weeks is not long enough) David and I have both found ourselves pushed to the max.  It has been long days and short nights in this house.   I cannot remember the last time I slept a full eight hours on a weeknight. Yes, I NEED 8 hours of sleep...moving on...

It is now almost 6 pm on Friday and I am looking another two hours at the office because the hubby has stuff to do. By stuff, I mean go to the store to buy water and beer for a soccer tournament that he is organizing tomorrow. Welcome to the life of a grad student and his wife...

Oh, I should mention that he has been so sweet to take me to work all but one day this week.  He offered the other day, but since I had to be there early I biked to work in the -5°F weather...oh life in Germany.

Did I mention that winter FINALLY arrived in Germany?  I did. With snow!  And really cold weather, but at least we get to enjoy lots of random snows. It makes the cold weather tolarable.  I am hoping for some fresh snow this weekend.  I really want to take some video of Millie playing in the snow, but it needs to be light outside. And we need fresh snow. Here's hoping...

Speaking of cold weather and the car  check out the ice crystals that we found on our car windshield on Sunday morning:



Pretty neat, huh?

Last weekend we were also lucky enough to spend sometime with my sister-in-law and our niece.  I wish we got to see them more often.  At least I finally got a picture of her and David.  She was totally enamored with his red jacket.  She kept touching it...too cute!




 Lastly, I am look forward to spending some quality time with my own two babies...



Oh, and eating this:
That would be red velvet cheesecake. A delicious gift from a sweet friend.

Happy weekend!  Back soon...I hope :)

1 comment:

  1. Busy. Busy. Busy. Life...is meant to be full.

    I hope you caught up on your sleep -- and the niece is adorable -- those cheeks.

    ReplyDelete