Thursday, December 10, 2009

How is this possible?!?!?

My husband has NO idea who Audrey Hepburn is.

Not even a clue. How is that even possible!?!?!?????

This makes me sad. A bit depressed even.

The other day i was wearing a t-shirt with an Andy Warhol style picture of the lovely Audrey Hepburn on it. David then asked me why I am wearing a shirt with Marylin Monroe on the it.

Sigh....

Audrey Hepburn and Marylin Monroe are not the same person. One is classy and the other is a bit trashy (sorry for the rhyming).

Not sure why i wrote about this....

5 comments:

  1. I have no words. I foresee a Roman Holiday or My Fair Lady viewing by you and David in the near future. :-)

    I had a similar experience a few years ago. As you probably remember, I had an Audrey Hepburn purse - a picture from Roman Holiday. I was leaving Cracker Barrel when a teenage girl stopped me.

    Girl: "Oh my gosh, I *love* her!"
    Me: "Yes! Isn't she great?"
    Girl: "That's one of my favorite movies!"
    Me: "Mine too."
    Girl: "Do you know they're making a sequel now?"
    Me: ...
    Girl: "Yeah, Princess Diaries 2!"
    !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and David shouldn't have to know American movie stars.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kinda neutral on the Anne Hathaway score. Except when she acts Jane Austen. So wrong.

    ReplyDelete