Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Evening Ramblings


It is 7:22 on Friday night and where am I? Work.  Why? Not because I am a workaholic. Not because I have so much work that I can finish it all.  Then, why?  Because I am waiting to meet some friends downtown tonight and I do not have time to go home between work and going out.  Well, technically I had time, but who wants to bike for 30 minutes home, sit for 10  minutes, then bike 20 minutes back into town. Not me! No thank you.  I would rather sit in my office, catching up on email and blogging.

I would also like to point out that I am currently listening to the local soccer team play.  No, not on the radio.  Live.  Real sounds.  That's right I can hear the crowd cheering and booing while sitting in my office.  Not too shabby, huh? 

I must confess that I feel REALLY lame sitting here on Friday night. I am racking my brain for things to do. Ways to waste the time. 

I could go shopping...but I am not in the mood.
I could organize and clean my desk...but it doesn't need it.
I could Skype with my cousin...but need to get Skype installed on my work computer.

***Just checked the Fußball score online because I heard some yelling and singing.  Lots of singing.  Intuition was right.  We scored. Er, they scored.  I am not actually on the team, so no "we."***

I already checked flight prices for my trip home over Christmas....still expensive, sigh.

7:38


12 more minutes.....why can I think of nothing.

Time is creeping.

Does anyone else ever feel this way?

This entry is pointless. I apologize.









2 comments:

  1. Pointless, perhaps, but still entertaining! Thanks for giving me something to read on this lazy Sunday afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cara. Don't apologize. I like to read your ramblings. Makes you feel closer. xo

    ReplyDelete